Netgear is one of the foremost providers for secure networking hardware to the users. They provide very reliable routers which promise to provide a very good user experience. The routers contain smaller hardware pieces fit together that are controlled by a software which is known as the Firmware of the device. The firmware is responsible for all the actions undertaken by the router. Just like any other software, the firmware also needs to be updated so that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices. This way, the user doesn’t have to go around buying a new router every time they wish to buy a new media device.
The new firmware will bring:
- Compatibility with the latest media devices
- Enhanced security update so that the sensitive data passing through the router is secure.
- Bug fixes or resolve previously faced issues.
- Add new features to the router.
- Provide overall enhanced speed boosts.
The main concerns of the firmware update are the security features and the bug fixes so that the user can use their router without any problems. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. Netgear releases firmware updates regularly so that the user can stay up to date with the router.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Netgear WNDR4300v3 router:
- Open any internet browser on the same device that is connected to the same Netgear router.
- Open the NETGEAR Download Center and download the latest firmware of the router. Make sure that you type in the correct model number of the router and that you are downloading the latest firmware for your Netgear router.
- Now, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. Press enter; the user will be taken to the login page for the router. There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- The web based interface will appear. There, select the ADVANCED tab. Click on Administration.
- Click the Firmware Update or Router Update option. The option may be different for different router models.
- Click Choose File or Browse option to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click Open. Now, click the Update option.
Take note that the user will have to update the firmware of the router every time. Netgear releases firmware updates regularly so that the users can stay up to date and so that the security on the router is kept in check. Recently, the FBI issued a warning regarding the Russian Malware that had hit hundreds of thousands of Netgear routers. The Russian Malware was kicked out when the users updated the firmware of the