The Netgear routers are required by the user to setup and login to the router initially after the physical setup. This way, the user can secure their network and create a much more personalized network that is suitable to the needs of the user. To login to the Netgear router, the user can go to the www.routerlogin.net website and enter the default credentials regarding their router. Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the web based interface will appear. There, the user can configure the settings for their network. The user can also get access to the advanced features of the router such as the Guest Network, the Parental Controls, Port Forwarding, Media Prioritization and more. The user can personalize their network using the advanced features of the router.
One of the most recommended things to do is to update the firmware of the router. The updated firmware makes sure that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices so that the user doesn’t have to go around buying new routers every time they wish to buy a new router. The updated firmware also makes sure that the security on the router is up to date. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. This way, the router is not vulnerable to any potential threats. The firmware update also enhances the overall speed of the router and may even add some new features to the router.
The firmware update only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time and is very easy to perform. Here are the troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router.
Facing issues regarding the firmware update of Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router? [Solved]
- Download the latest firmware from the NETGEAR Download Centre and save it to a desired location on the device that is hardwired to the Netgear router.
- It is highly recommended that the user hard wires the router to the desktop computer or laptop during the update process as it prevents any dropped connections.
- Open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. The router admin login page will appear.
- The user will then have to enter the default information regarding their router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password will be case sensitive.
- The web based interface will appear. This is where the user can change the configurations of their router.
- Click the ADVANCED tab. Under it, click the Administration option.
- There, the user will see the Router Update or Firmware Update option. The name may vary for different router models.
- Click the Browse option to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click the Upload button to upload the downloaded file.
- The firmware update will begin now.
The firmware update usually takes a couple of minutes. Once the firmware has been updated, the router will reboot itself. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using their router as they desire.
- Do not download the firmware for Netgear router from any third party website as it may contain some malicious content and may even harm the router.
- Make sure that the firmware is the latest version.