Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the AC2600 R7800 Netgear Nighthawk router:
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the computer to any of the internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are properly on both ends.
- Open an internet browser of your choice and type routerlogin.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be taken to the login page of the router and prompted to enter the default information specific to the router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Click the Setup Wizard. The Setup Wizard screen will display.
- The Smart Wizard will try to detect the type of internet connection that you have. For all the wired connections, the Smart Wizard will detect as Dynamic IP.
- Click Yes to Save the Settings.
Your router will now be setup and logged in. You can start using the internet as you desire.
If you’re personalized password doesn’t work for some reason, you can try logging in to the router using any previously set passwords. If all else fails, the user can reset the router to restore the router back to its factory default settings. The user can then login using the default information of the router.
Here we will show you the troubleshooting steps to Reset the Netgear AC2600 R7800 Nighthawk Router
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router. It might be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a paper clip or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- Release the button after ten seconds; you will see that the LED lights will start blinking. Once the power light becomes stable green, the router will have reset.
Warning: The Reset process shouldn’t be interrupted as any interruptions in the Reset process can damage the router and render it useless.